Virus Survival Emergency Preparedness Pack
In the preparation for an emergency situation this Virus Survival Emergency Preparedness Pack protects against virally contaminated water, as well as removing bacteria and protozoa (cysts). Giving you and your loved ones enough clean drinking water to survive the hours, days, weeks and years following an event. The perfect kit for your emergency supplies for use now and well into the future.
This pack provides you with a Jerrycan water purification system which you can start using straight away, however there is a spare cartridge which is heat sealed in aluminium foil for an extended shelf life of 10 years.
This pack contains enough LifeSaver hollow fibre technology to purify up to 40,000 litres/10,600 US gallons of clean drinking water, removing viruses, bacteria, cysts and parasites instantly.
Watch people using and reviewing our LifeSaver Jerrycans on YouTube by clicking here.
- Contains a robust and portable water filter capable of filtering 20,000 litres/5,300 US gallons of clean drinking water, plus Replacement Cartridge for an additional 20,000 litres/5,300 US gallons, Activated Carbon Filter and Maintenance Pack.
- The ideal kit for your emergency supplies – provide you and your family with enough clean drinking water to survive the hours, days, weeks and years following an event.
- Heat sealed in aluminium foil for an extended shelf life of 10 years. That’s 10 years of peace of mind, knowing you and your family have a safe solution to purify water in emergency situations.
- Holds up to 18.5L (625oz) of water at one time.
- Activated Carbon Discs for removal of chlorine, taste and odour – each effective for up to 500 litres.
- Removes: 99.999% virus, 99.9999% bacteria and 99.99% cysts.
- FailSafe technology: No water will pass through once the filter service life has been fulfilled.
- Watch people using and reviewing our LifeSaver Jerrycans here.
- Virus – 99.999%
- Bacteria – 99.9999%
- Cysts – 99.99%
- Dimensions: 349mm x 171mm x 476mm (13.75 x 6.7 x 18.75 inches)
- Dry Weight: 3.9kg (137 oz)
- Capacity: 18.5L (625 oz)
- Purifies: 20,000 litres (5,300 US gallons)
- Shower Hose attachment available
- Includes a replaceable Activated Carbon Disc for removal of chlorine, taste and odour which is effective for up to 500 litres
- The water is still safe to consume without an Activated Carbon Disc installed
- Tested by Independent Test House to exceed NSF P248 compliance standards, for virus, bacteria and protozoan cyst reduction by the US Army Public Health Center (MEDCOM)
- Failsafe – an automatic indicator when the cartridge needs replacing
- Intuitive to use – FILL. PUMP. DRINK.
- No measuring, wait times or unpleasant taste like when using chlorine or chlorine dioxide
- Reduces turbidity of glacial, cloudy or muddy water
- Robust body for use in the most demanding of environments
- Manufactured in the UK
- Product materials and water effluent both BPA and BPS free
The Virus Survival Emergency Preparedness Pack includes:
- LifeSaver Jerrycan
- 1x Activated Carbon Filter – effective for up to 500 litres
- 1x spare LifeSaver Jerrycan Replacement Cartridge (Foil Wrapped) – to filter up to an additional 20,000 litres
- Paper manual, plastic flush cap (for cleaning the filter), and a single carbon disk in a poly bag.
- Pump and Tap included
Please note, the LifeSaver Jerrycan is not foil wrapped.
Extending the shelf life is achieved with the aluminium barrier foil which has a water vapour diffusion rate that is 80 times slower than standard packaged polyethylene. The aluminium sealed package acts as a barrier to prevent water vapour from entering the pack and it performs the same protection in reverse as it retains the glycerine within the hollow fibre membranes.
We’re extremely proud to announce that our LifeSaver® Jerrycan has passed compliance testing for NSF Protocol P248 Military Operations – Microbiological Water Purifiers. Learn more about this here.
The LifeSaver Jerrycan is a microbiological water filter that uses ultra filtration technology to filter out viruses, bacteria, cysts and parasites from contaminated water sources. LifeSaver technology filters out bacteria to a minimum of Log 6 (99.9999%), viruses to a minimum of Log 4 (99.99%) and cysts to a minimum of Log 3 (99.9%) as specified by Independent Test House to exceed NSF P248 compliance standards, for virus, bacteria and protozoan cyst reduction by the US Army Public Health Center (MEDCOM)
||> 99.99% (Log 4)
||> 99.9999% (Log 6)
||> 99.9% (Log 3)
||Ultra Filtration (UF)
||Activated carbon filter removes chlorine, taste and odour, improving the palatability of water
|ALUMINIUM BARRIER FOIL
||Water Vapour Transition Rate (W.V.T.R): <0.01 gm/m2/24hr
||3.9 kg/137 oz
|VOLUME OF WATER FILTERED**
||40,000 litres/10,600 US gallons
|INITIAL FLOW RATE**
||4 litres/min @ 0.6 Bar (g)
|JERRYCAN STORAGE CAPACITY
||18.5 litres/4.9 US gallons
*Tested by BCS laboratories Issued 28/08/18 based on full NSF P248 Protocol.
These units are tested with two different types of water to challenge the filtration capability beyond the standard use. All figures quoted are taken from the stressed challenge phase of the test imitating sewage contaminated water.
**Volume of water filtered by the product and flow rates dependent on the composition and turbidity of the feed water.