Family Emergency Preparedness Pack
In the preparation for an emergency situation this Family Emergency Preparedness Pack will provide you and your family with enough clean drinking water to survive the hours, days, weeks and years following an event. The perfect kit for your emergency supplies.
This pack is heat sealed in aluminium foil for an extended shelf life of 10 years. That’s 10 years of peace of mind, knowing you and your family have a safe solution to purify water in emergency situations.
This pack contains a robust and portable water filter capable of filtering 20,000 litres/5,300 US gallons of clean drinking water, removing viruses, bacteria, cysts and parasites instantly. The pack also includes activated carbon filters which improve the palatability of the water by removing chlorine, taste and odour.
Watch people using and reviewing our LifeSaver Jerrycans on YouTube by clicking here.
- The perfect kit for your emergency supplies – provide you and your family with enough clean drinking water to survive the hours, days, weeks and years following an event.
- Heat sealed in aluminium foil for an extended shelf life of 10 years. That’s 10 years of peace of mind, knowing you and your family have a safe solution to purify water in emergency situations.
- Contains a robust and portable foil sealed water filter capable of filtering 20,000 litres/5,300 US gallons of clean drinking water, Activated Carbon Filters, Shower Attachment and Maintenance Pack.
- Activated Carbon Discs for removal of chlorine, taste and odour – each effective for up to 500 litres.
- Holds up to 18.5L (625oz) of water at one time
- Removes: 99.999% virus, 99.9999% bacteria and 99.99% cysts.
- FailSafe technology: No water will pass through once the filter service life has been fulfilled
- Watch people using and reviewing our LifeSaver Jerrycans here.
- Virus – 99.999%
- Bacteria – 99.9999%
- Cysts – 99.99%
- Dimensions: 349mm x 171mm x 476mm (13.75 x 6.7 x 18.75 inches)
- Dry Weight: 3.9kg (137 oz)
- Capacity: 18.5L (625 oz)
- Purifies: 20,000 litres (5,300 US gallons)
- Shower Hose attachment available
- Includes a replaceable Activated Carbon Disc for chemical and heavy metal reduction as well as removing bad taste and odour, effective for up to 500 litres – Our standard activated Carbon discs used in all LifeSaver products have been tested to show excellent and consistent heavy metal and chemical reduction for their stated life over a range of sample contaminants such as chlorine, lead, nickel and cadmium. Improving taste and odour along the way.
- The water is still safe to consume without an Activated Carbon Disc installed
- Tested by Independent Test House to exceed NSF P248 compliance standards, for virus, bacteria and protozoan cyst reduction by the US Army Public Health Center (MEDCOM)
- Failsafe – an automatic indicator when the cartridge needs replacing
- Intuitive to use – FILL. PUMP. DRINK.
- No measuring, wait times or unpleasant taste like when using chlorine or chlorine dioxide
- Reduces turbidity of glacial, cloudy or muddy water
- Robust body for use in the most demanding of environments
- Manufactured in the UK
- Product materials and water effluent both BPA and BPS free
This product includes:
- LifeSaver Jerrycan
- 1x Activated Carbon Filter for immediate use
- 4x packs of 5 spare Activated Carbon Filters – (20 spare carbon filters in total) each one is effective for up to 500 litres
- LifeSaver Shower Attachment
- LifeSaver Maintenance Pack (includes 2x O-rings, dome valve & flat pump seal)
- Pump and Tap included
Please note, the LifeSaver Jerrycan and the activated carbon filters are foil wrapped due to their shelf life. All other components are packaged within sealed polythene tubing.
Extended shelf life is due to the aluminium barrier foil which has a water vapour diffusion rate that is 80 times slower than standard packaged polyethylene. The aluminium sealed package acts as a barrier to prevent water vapour from entering the pack and it performs the same protection in reverse as it retains the glycerine within the hollow fibre membranes.
We’re extremely proud to announce that our LifeSaver® Jerrycan has passed compliance testing for NSF Protocol P248 Military Operations – Microbiological Water Purifiers. Learn more about this here.
The LifeSaver Jerrycan is a microbiological water filter that uses ultra filtration technology to filter out viruses, bacteria, cysts and parasites from contaminated water sources. LifeSaver technology filters out bacteria to a minimum of Log 6 (99.9999%), viruses to a minimum of Log 4 (99.99%) and cysts to a minimum of Log 3 (99.9%) as specified by Independent Test House to exceed NSF P248 compliance standards, for virus, bacteria and protozoan cyst reduction by the US Army Public Health Center (MEDCOM)
||> 99.99% (Log 4)
||> 99.9999% (Log 6)
||> 99.9% (Log 3)
||Ultra Filtration (UF)
||Activated carbon filter removes chlorine, taste and odour, improving the palatability of water
|ALUMINIUM BARRIER FOIL
||Water Vapour Transition Rate (W.V.T.R): <0.01 gm/m2/24hr
||3.9 kg/137 oz
|VOLUME OF WATER FILTERED**
||20,000 litres/5,300 US gallons
|INITIAL FLOW RATE**
||4 litres/min @ 0.6 Bar (g)
|JERRYCAN STORAGE CAPACITY
||18.5 litres/4.9 US gallons
*Tested by BCS laboratories Issued 28/08/18 based on full NSF P248 Protocol.
These units are tested with two different types of water to challenge the filtration capability beyond the standard use. All figures quoted are taken from the stressed challenge phase of the test imitating sewage contaminated water.
**Volume of water filtered by the product and flow rates dependent on the composition and turbidity of the feed water.