- Up to 40,000 litres of safe drinking water
- Tested by Independent Test House to exceed NSF P248 compliance standards, for virus, bacteria and protozoan cyst reduction by the US Army Public Health Center (MEDCOM)
- Includes Failsafe – an automatic indicator when the cartridge needs replacing
- Intuitive to use – FILL with water. PUMP the jerrycan. DRINK clean water.
- No measuring, wait times or unpleasant distaste that you get with using chlorine or chlorine dioxide
- Reduces turbidity of glacial, cloudy or muddy water
- Manufactured in the UK
- Product materials and water effluent both BPA and BPS free
This product includes:
- LifeSaver Jerrycan 20000UF
- LifeSaver Jerrycan 20000UF Replacement Cartridge (Foil Wrapped)
Please note, the LifeSaver Jerrycan 20000UF is not foil wrapped.
Extended shelf life is due to the aluminium barrier foil which has a water vapour diffusion rate that is 80 times slower than standard packaged polyethylene. The aluminium sealed package acts as a barrier to prevent water vapour from entering the pack and it performs the same protection in reverse as it retains the glycerine within the hollow fibre membranes.
We’re extremely proud to announce that our LifeSaver® Jerrycan has passed compliance testing for NSF Protocol P248 Military Operations – Microbiological Water Purifiers. Learn more about this here.
The LifeSaver Jerrycan 20000UF is a microbiological water filter that uses ultra filtration technology to filter out viruses, bacteria, cysts and parasites from contaminated water sources. LifeSaver technology filters out bacteria to a minimum of Log 6 (99.9999%), viruses to a minimum of Log 4 (99.99%) and cysts to a minimum of Log 3 (99.9%) as specified by Independent Test House to exceed NSF P248 compliance standards, for virus, bacteria and protozoan cyst reduction by the US Army Public Health Center (MEDCOM)
|VIRUS REDUCTION*||> 99.99% (Log 4)|
|BACTERIA REDUCTION*||> 99.9999% (Log 6)|
|CYST REDUCTION*||> 99.9% (Log 3)|
|FILTER MEDIA||Ultra Filtration (UF)|
|CHEMICAL REDUCTION||Activated carbon filter removes chlorine, taste and odour, improving the palatability of water|
|ALUMINIUM BARRIER FOIL||Water Vapour Transition Rate (W.V.T.R): <0.01 gm/m2/24hr|
|DRY WEIGHT||3.9 kg/137 oz|
|VOLUME OF WATER FILTERED**||40,000 litres/10,600 US gallons|
|INITIAL FLOW RATE**||4 litres/min @ 0.6 Bar (g)|
|JERRYCAN STORAGE CAPACITY||18.5 litres/4.9 US gallons|
*Tested by BCS laboratories Issued 28/08/18 based on full NSF P248 Protocol.
These units are tested with two different types of water to challenge the filtration capability beyond the standard use. All figures quoted are taken from the stressed challenge phase of the test imitating sewage contaminated water.
**Volume of water filtered by the product and flow rates dependent on the composition and turbidity of the feed water.