This cartridge is heat sealed in aluminium foil for an extended shelf life of 10 years.
Extended shelf life is due to the aluminium barrier foil which has a water vapour diffusion rate that is 80 times slower than standard packaged polyethylene. The aluminium sealed package acts as a barrier to prevent water vapour from entering the pack and it performs the same protection in reverse as it retains the glycerine within the hollow fibre membranes.
- Tested by Independent Test House to meet adaption of NSF Protocol 231
- Includes Failsafe – an automatic indicator when the cartridge needs replacing
- No measuring, wait times or unpleasant distaste that you get with using chlorine or chlorine dioxide
- Reduces turbidity of glacial, cloudy or muddy water
- Manufactured in the UK
- Product materials and water effluent both BPA and BPS free
The LifeSaver C1 is a microbiological water purifier that uses ultra filtration technology to filter out viruses, bacteria, cysts and parasites from contaminated water sources. LifeSaver technology filters out bacteria to a minimum of Log 6 (99.9999%), viruses to a minimum of Log 4 (99.99%) and cysts to a minimum of Log 3 (99.99%) as specified by NSF Protocol 231, based on recommendations of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
|VIRUS REDUCTION*||> 99.99% (Log 4)|
|BACTERIA REDUCTION*||> 99.9999% (Log 6)|
|CYST REDUCTION*||> 99.99% (Log 3)|
|FILTER MEDIA||Ultra Filtration (UF)|
|CHEMICAL REDUCTION||Activated carbon filter removes chlorine, taste and odour, improving the palatability of water|
|DRY WEIGHT||6 kg/13 lb|
|VOLUME OF WATER FILTERED**||500,000 litres/105,600 US gallons|
|INITIAL FLOW RATE**||5 litres/min @ 0.2 Bar|
|C1 STORAGE CAPACITY||N/A|
* Tested by BCS laboratories issued 18/02/16 based on an adaption of NSF/ANSI P231 Protocol. These units are tested with two different types of water to challenge the filtration capability beyond the standard use. All figures quoted are taken from the stressed challenge phase of the test imitating sewage contaminated water.
**Volume of water filtered by the product and flow rates dependent on the composition and turbidity of the feed water.